For the 2016 – 2017 school year, I will be making a minor change in my monthly writing requirement. Following is the monthly requirement due this year:
Monthly Writing Assignment
Ms. Dehr – Language Arts – Spartans
Each month you are required to turn in a letter to me.
- Write a letter to me. It must be set up like a letter with a date, salutation, paragraphs and a closing.
- The letter may be about anything you want. It can be about a book you read, something going on in the news, personal plans you have this month, your feelings about school . . . really anything.
- Because you will have ALL MONTH to write this and turn it in, I will NOT accept any late assignments. Turn it in early, or turn it in on time. They will be due on the following dates (or you may turn them in early):
- August 31
- Sept. 30
- Oct. 31
- Nov. 30
- Dec. 16
- Jan. 31
- Feb. 28
- March 29
- April 28
- No assignment due in May.
- You will be graded on the following:
- Proper grammar
- Capital sentences
- Proper use of paragraphs
- Correct spelling
- Length (please write one full page, one side, of a sheet of paper)
- Properly set up like a letter
Please feel free to either hand write or type it. You may email it to me at: Judith.firstname.lastname@example.org if you like.